BEPC and Customer agree that the terms and conditions identified in this document shall govern exclusively the sale by BEPC of all hardware and services (collectively referred to as "Goods") within the United Kingdom. No addition or any modification to any of the terms and conditions as they appear in this document shall be binding upon BEPC unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative of BEPC.
Terms to customers with satisfactory credit are net thirty (30) days from the day of invoice. A 1.5% monthly service charge (18% annually) will be added to accounts not paid within 30 days from the date of invoice at the discretion of BEPC.
All prices quoted (including repairs, parts, and goods sold separately) are EX-WORKS. Any shortages should be notified in writing within 7 days of receipt of goods, otherwise, we can accept no responsibility.
All shipping prices listed provide standard packing for domestic shipping in accordance with BEPC's standard specifications. If special packaging is required for domestic shipment or for export shipment, refer to factory for additional charges.
Title to hardware shall remain with BEPC as security only and until full payment is received. Risk of loss or damage shall pass to customer upon shipment from our Wrexham factory.
No contracts or quotations showing penalty clause for failure to meet shipment are acceptable to BEPC.
Changes in design and improvements in manufacture are constantly being made by BEPC whenever the company believes that the product will be improved. No obligations to incorporate these changes in units prior to the change will be assumed.
Published weights are careful estimates but are not warranted. Dimensions shown in catalogue are approximate.
All written quotations automatically expire unless accepted within sixty (60) days from the date quoted. All Verbal quotations must be confirmed via Fax or Email - Verbal quotations expire on the same day that they are made.
Standard lead time is 4-5 working days. Expedite service is available upon request. Accessories are generally in stock and available for quick delivery. Contact customer service to confirm lead times.
Express and Expedite service are available for most product configurations should you need a product faster than the standard lead times allow - this will incur an additional cost. Click here for more information.
The customer shall pay all excise or similar taxes to the appropriate agency where and when applicable.
BEPC shall not be liable for damage as a result of any delay due to any cause beyond BEPC's reasonable control including, without limitation, act of God, act of war, riot, and delay in transportation or inability to obtain necessary labour, materials, or manufacturing facilities. In the event of any such delay, the date of delivery shall be extended for a period equal to a time lost by reason of delay.
In no event shall BEPC be liable for consequential or incidental damages or any expense incurred by the customer attributed to any product sold hereunder.
BEPC warrants their products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of shipment. This warranty does not apply to any product which has been subject to misuse, negligence or accidental damage, or if the unit has been subjected to any unauthorised access/modification. This applies to new products only. There is no provision for warranty on other Encoder Manufacturers repairs.
Satisfaction of this warranty, consistent with other provisions herein, will be limited to the replacement, repair or modification of, or issuance of credit for, the goods involved, at BEPC's option, only after the return of such goods and subsequent inspection confirming validation of warranty, and with consent in accordance with the return policy and with shipping charges prepaid. Goods may only be returned for credit by BEPC's agreement in writing. There will be a re-stocking charge equal to 50% of the price paid on the original invoice - modified, or special-build items, are excluded.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties whether expressed, implied or statutory including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness.
Only products currently stocked by BEPC may be returned for restocking. Products that have been manufactured or configured to customer specifications are not stocked and may not be returned. Returned products are subject to a restocking fee which is set at 50% of the purchase price, and must be returned within 30 days of the date shipped from BEPC.
All products being returned must be 100% complete and must be packaged in original packaging. All packaging materials, manuals, other accessories and documentation must be included in the original packaging. In the event that a return shipment received by us is improperly packaged, altered, or physically damaged, items sent for return consideration will be denied, and BEPC's return policy will not be honoured. All items will be inspected and tested upon receipt.
A Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number is required for any item returned for credit. RMA numbers may be obtained by contacting Customer Service in advance. RMA numbers will be issued to original purchaser only.
This policy supersedes all previous policies as from 25th May 2023.
We have increased our repair capacity, and now offer a wider range of repair possibilities, with very short lead times.
1) Priority is given to warranty repairs. These are free of charge with UK return shipping charges paid, providing that the reason for failure is not found to be application related, and can be positively identified as a BEPC quality issue. Warranty repairs should be completed within five working days.
2) All inspections, (of products manufactured either by "British Encoder", or any other manufacturer), will be subject to a standard charge, and the cost of return shipping, (details available from the Sales Office). Should a repair be agreed, this inspection charge will be waived, and the appropriate repair charge, and return shipping charges, will be applied. Inspections and repair evaluations should normally be completed within ten working days.
3) BEPC non-warranty repairs are subject to standard charges and the cost of return shipping, (details available from the Sales Office). Non warranty repairs should normally be completed within ten working days.
4) OEM repairs, (i.e. encoder NOT of our own manufacture), are subject to standard charges, and the cost of return shipping, (details available from the Sales Office), OEM repairs should normally be completed within ten working days.
5) We now offer a priority repair service, for which a surcharge, (of 50% over the normal repair charge, per unit), will apply. This service is subject to the condition of our receipt of the suspect device, together with a confirmed purchase order, by no later than 10:00 HRS of the first working day. This facility may be withdrawn in the event of unexpected production demands, or by the occurrence of factors beyond our control.
6) Any returns should be accompanied by a valid RMA number, (Return Material Authorisation), which will be issued by the Sales Office, and which should be signed, giving us authority to proceed with any inspection or repair.
7) Any returns, (other than BEPC Warranty Repairs), for which we do not receive specific instruction and a valid purchase order, will only be retained for a maximum of 30 days. Should we not receive specific instructions within the 30-day period, any material in our possession will be considered as being unwanted, and will be scrapped.
Each Encoder manufactured by British Encoder Products Company is backed by our best-in-the industry three year warranty. If you experience a problem, call our trained professionals. We can often troubleshoot a problem over the phone and determine if a repair is needed. If it is necessary to return the encoder for repair, our technicians will perform a complete evaluation and recommend a course of action. In an emergency situation our technicians can often have your evaluation and repair completed, and ready for return shipment, within a matter of hours after receiving your encoder.