As more and more industrial applications switch to Industrial Ethernet, components need to keep up with the technology. That's why BEPC is now offering Absolute Encoders with both EtherCAT® and PROFINET® communication protocols.*
BEPC Model A58HE and Model A58SE are Ethernet-ready, multi-turn absolute encoders designed for harsh factory and plant environments, and are available with EtherCAT or PROFINET communication protocols. They are particularly suited to applications where Ethernet-based connectivity is required, and the encoder has to retain absolute position information after power-off events.
The Model A58HE is a 58 mm encoder in a blind hollow bore construction offering bores sizes up to 0.375" or 15 mm and an IP65 seal. The Model A58SE is a 58 mm shaft encoder, offering a synchro flange or clamping flange, with heavy-duty and compact options, shaft sizes up to 0.375" or 12 mm, and an IP65 seal.
“Both the Model A58HE and the Model A58SE encoders are easily designed into a wide variety of applications,” says Sarah Walter, electrical engineer, and EPC Technical Applications Manager. “And with the new heavy-duty model and the new compact model – which is the most compact unit available on the market – they are incredibly versatile mechanically. What really sets our encoders apart, however, is the high accuracy. These absolutes will give you accurate motion feedback, every time.”
The Model A58HE and Model A58SE Absolute Encoders offer:
- EtherCAT Deterministic Communication or PROFINET Communication
- Multi-turn resolution up to 43 bits
- Single turn resolution up to 16 bits
- 58 mm diameter housing
- Bores size up to 0.375" or 15 mm
- Shaft diameters up to 0.375” or 12 mm
- Durable magnetic technology
- Proven turns counting technology with no gears or batteries
- Operating temperature range of -40° C to 85° C
- Sealing rating of IP65
- Continuous digital position monitoring
- Ability to retain the absolute position after a power outage
- Meet CE/EMC Standards for Immunity and Emissions
- Work in various configurations, including bus, ring, and star configurations that can continue communication in event of a line break
For more information, give us a call or email us. When you contact BEPC, you talk to real engineers and motion control experts who can answer your toughest encoder questions. Give us a call today.
*EtherCAT is currently available for Models A58SE and A58HE; PROFINET will be available October 1.